- Cancer Epidemiology
- UNC-Chapel Hill
- 3101E McGavren-Greenberg Chapel Hill, NC
Area of Interest
Before joining UNC in 2001, I had been on the faculty at the University of Washington's Department of Biostatistics for 10 years. While at the University of Washington, I had a joint appointment with the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center. I worked closely with the clinicians at the Hutchinson Cancer Center. The collaborations led to papers #26 and #39 in my curriculum vitae.
Most of my work, both at the University of Washington and University of North Carolina, is concerned with the development of statistical methods for the designs and analysis of clinical and epidemiological cancer studies.
Awards and Honors
- Mortimer Spiegelman Award, American Public Health Association, 1999
- Fellow, Institute of Mathematical Statistics, 1999
- Fellow, American Statistical Association, 2000
- JASA Theory and Methods Discussion Paper, 2000
- Myrto Lefkopoulou Distinguished Lecturer, Harvard School of Public Health, 2002