Places to Stay
There are a variety of options for lodging in the area.
- SECU Family House - Provides a home-away-from-home for families with an adult patient being treated for a critical illness or injury at UNC Hospitals or its affiliated clinics.
- Ronald McDonald House of Chapel Hill - A boarding facility open to families with a pediatric patient being treated for a serious illness/injury at an area hospital or hospital-affiliated clinic.
- MedStay - A free concierge hotel reservation service catering to patients coming to Duke and UNC Hospitals.
- RV Accommodations – For RV Parking, contact Tarheel Mobile Court at 919-942-3124. Tarheel Mobile Court is located 2.5 miles from the hospital on Airport Road behind the Citgo Station/Mini Mart (1200-A Airport Road, Chapel Hill, NC 27517).
- Area Hotels offering Discounted Rates for Patients - Several hotels in proximity to UNC Hospitals provide discounted rates to patients. View a list of hotels
- To find other places to stay, go to the Chapel Hill/Orange County Visitors Bureau and click on Where to Stay. There is a possibility that these places may offer a discount to UNC patients and their families. Before making a reservation at any of these places, please check with the Housing Program at 919-966-1241 to learn about the latest discounts.