- Clinical Research
- Professor, Chair
- UNC-Chapel Hill
- 3101 McGavran-Greenberg Chapel Hill, NC 27599
Area of Interest
My current primary research area involves the development of novel clinical trial and data analysis methods that can be used to discover as well as test individualized treatment regimens for cancer and other diseases. The techniques involved include reinforcement learning, machine learning, other related techniques from computer science and statistics, as well as high dimensional data analysis techniques.
Awards and Honors
- 1997 National Cancer Institute FIRST Award
- 2004 Honored Alumni, College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Brigham Young University.
- 2006 Honorary Fellow, American Statistical Association
- 2007 Honorary Fellow, Institute of Mathematical Statistics