4th Annual Bobby F. Garrett Esophageal Cancer Benefit Concert
The event raised $9000 for esophageal cancer research. The program included a variety of performances by:
- Margaret Watkins Soloist (Raleigh)
- Saint Matthew AME Church Youth Choir
- Charles Atkinson Soloist (Atkinson Temple Ministries Inc., Raleigh)
- Men In the Middle (Raleigh)
- Men of Faith (Raleigh)
- Featured Artist Juanita Williams McDonald (Raleigh)
- Brenda Judd Soloist (Saint Matthew AME Church), and
- The Unity Male Choir (Duplin County).
The event is held in memory of Bobby Fletcher Garrett, an 11-year esophageal and prostate cancer patient and organized by his family and friends.
Thanks to Dr. Alice Garrett and Dr. Chaunte Garrett for their work on this most successful event.